If you like the movie The Big Lebowski, you know it’s pretty hard to watch without an overwhelming urge to drink a White Russian. And with the recent speculation about a potential The Big Lebowski 2 (sorry, but don’t get your hopes up), I thought it was time to pull up our Homemade Kahlua recipe and mix up an old favorite.
The obvious problem for vegans is that White Russian cocktails are made with cream. Fortunately that’s an easy problem to solve.
With this vegan White Russian recipe, you now have a delicious, dairy free option for making the beloved cocktail. And in terms of preparation, it really doesn’t get much easier.
Just whisk together the ingredients for the “cream” and pour it over the coffee liquor/vodka mixture on ice. Simple as that.
For best presentation, use a lowball, Old Fashioned, or rocks glass, and carefully pour the “cream” over top of the alcohol mixture to achieve the look in the picture above (or just go ahead and stir it up to make it look like the picture below).
What are your favorite drinks? Or movies? Or drinks that remind you of movies?
Vegan White Russian Recipe (Dairy Free)
Alcohol Option #1:
- 4 oz Clean Green Simple’s Homemade Kahlua (check out our recipe)
Alcohol Option #2:
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz coffee liqueur
- To make the “cream” for your White Russian, combine soy milk, coconut milk, and vanilla and whisk well until smooth.
- Combine the coffee liqueur and vodka (or if you’ve already made some of our Homemade Kahlua recipe you can use that) and pour over ice.
- Carefully pour on the “cream” to top off your drink (or just pour it in an mix it up if you’re not as concerned about presentation).
- Watch The Big Lebowski. Repeat.
Top Photo credit: ©Alp Aksoy/Bigstock