Treat yourself to a plant-based, no-bake snack with these vegan carrot cake protein bars. Inspired by the classic dessert, this recipe is easy to customize and make. All you need to do is mix, chill, and slice. It’s also perfect for when you have more plant-based protein powder than you know what to do with!
Plus, with ingredients like real carrots and maple syrup, you can power up without the extra preservatives and additives. They’re also much cheaper than store-bought versions.
What You’ll Need
The recipe calls for coconut flour, vegan vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, maple syrup, coconut milk, cashew butter, mashed carrots, and melted coconut oil. You can also incorporate add-ins like chopped walnuts, coconut flakes, and roughly chopped shredded carrots.
The cashew butter can be substituted for any nut or seed butter, like almond or sunflower seed butter.
Also, to prepare the mashed carrots, you’ll need about 2 medium or large carrots. Peel and slice the carrots, then boil until soft and easily pierced with a fork. Mash them up with a fork or potato masher; this can be as smooth or as chunky as you’d like.
As for the vegan protein powder? We used KOS Organic Plant Protein Powder in Vanilla, which won first place in our vegan protein powder review.
How to Make No-Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. This includes the coconut flour, vegan protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pinch of salt.
Whisk together until combined.
Add the wet ingredients: mashed carrots, cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut milk, and melted coconut oil. For now, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk. You’ll add more as needed later on.
With a spoon, mix the ingredients. Use the spoon to spread out the cashew butter and combine it with the dry ingredients.
As the ingredients clump together, you’ll need to use your hands. Continue combining the ingredients until it can clump together. Slowly add coconut milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, as necessary.
Once the mixture forms a doughy consistency, fold in the coconut flakes, walnuts, and/or chopped carrots. You can also add raisins, if you’d like.
Press the dough into a parchment-lined 8×8 baking pan. Fill in any spaces with the crumbly pieces of dough. Use a cylindrical object to press and flatten the mixture. A shot glass works great.
Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours or overnight. If you’re short on time, chill in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
Slice into squares or rectangles. You can even cut them into small, bite-sized squares for a fun snack.
To store your bars, place them in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
No-Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup mashed carrots
- ¼ cashew butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 to 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots roughly chopped
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the liquid ingredients, using 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut milk to start. Mix together with a spoon, pressing down on the cashew butter to spread. Continue mixing the ingredients with your hands.
- The dough will begin to clump together. If the mixture is too dry, gradually add more coconut milk.
- Fold in the coconut flakes, walnuts, chopped shredded carrots, and/or raisins.
- Firmly press the dough into a parchment-lined 8×8 baking pan. Flatten and spread the dough into an even layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or in the freezer for 1 hour. Slice into squares or rectangles.
1 thought on “No-Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars”
what kind of protein powder do you recommend? Beginner here. Thanks