Looking for a tasty new recipe to update your smoothie rotation? Make this delicious vegan orange creamsicle smoothie. Between the fresh oranges, creamy banana, and vegan vanilla ice cream, this smoothie is bursting with flavor. But of course, like all smoothies, you can easily adjust the recipe based on your personal preferences. We’re big fans of this one—enjoy!
You Will Need:
- vanilla vegan ice cream or yogurt
- frozen banana slices
- vanilla extract
- ice cubes
Depending on your preferred consistency and flavor, you can also use the following optional ingredients:
- orange juice or non-dairy milk (for thinning)
- sugar or maple syrup (for sweetening)
- vanilla protein powder
- shredded coconut (for topping)
Consider using sweetener if you’re using unflavored vegan yogurt. Otherwise, if you’re using vanilla ice cream or yogurt, you may be able to skip the sweetener.
Peel the oranges. Break the flesh into segments. You may want to remove large pieces of the white pith to avoid stringiness in your smoothie.
Add all the ingredients to a blender.
Blend the ingredients until smooth. Taste and add sweetener or more vanilla, if necessary.
If you’d like to thin the smoothie, gradually add orange juice or non-dairy milk until it reaches your ideal consistency.
Pour the smoothie into one large glass or two smaller glass. Garnish with shredded coconut, if you’d like, and enjoy immediately.
Like all smoothies, there are many ways to make this vegan orange creamsicle smoothie. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients (like vegan ice cream versus yogurt) to create your perfect smoothie. It may help to take note of the specific ratios so you can make it again in the future.
You can also turn this smoothie recipe into ice pops. Simply pour the smoothie into an ice pop mold for a delicious (and portable) summer snack.
Love orange smoothies? Try this mandarin orange smoothie bowl, which also takes just a few minutes to make.
Vegan Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 2 oranges
- 2 bananas sliced and frozen
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan vanilla ice cream or yogurt
- 4 or 5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup optional
- 1 scoop scoop vanilla or unflavored protein powder optional
- Orange juice or non-dairy milk optional
- Shredded coconut optional
- Peel the oranges. Break the oranges into segments.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend the ingredients until smooth. Taste and add sweetener and more vanilla, if necessary.
- Pour the smoothie into one large glass or two smaller glass. Garnish with shredded coconut, if you’d like, and enjoy immediately.
- Consider skipping the sweetener if you’re using vegan vanilla ice cream or yogurt. On the other hand, you may need sweetener if you’re using unflavored yogurt.
- If you’d like to thin the smoothie, gradually add orange juice or non-dairy milk until it reaches your ideal consistency.
- Nutritional information for this recipe is a rough estimate automatically calculated by the Spoonacular food database and does not include optional ingredients.