If you’re new to healthy home cooking, you’ll love this cheesy vegan roasted cauliflower recipe. With just a handful of basic ingredients, you can throw together an easy nutritious snack that’s both delicious and versatile. It’s also an excellent way to dabble into the world of cooking with cauliflower, one of today’s most popular vegetables.
Besides, cauliflower was once a boring veggie. It was seen as a bland, mediocre relative of the cruciferous family, which includes all-stars like broccoli and kale.
These days, however, cauliflower is used to make everything from pizza crust to rice. People have even used cauliflower to make tater tots, tacos, and “steaks” for vegan or vegetarian recipes. Cauliflower is also a common ingredient in dairy-free recipes like cream soup and “cheese.”
While these dishes are delicious, there’s nothing like enjoying a simple dish of cheesy roasted cauliflower. Its “cheesy” flavor, which comes from nutritional yeast, is hard to resist. Oh, and did we mention that it’s easy?
You’ll need one large head of cauliflower, oil of your choice, garlic powder, salt, paprika, and nutritional yeast. Feel free to experiment and add your favorite spices or herbs.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Drizzle the oil over the cauliflower and toss well.
Add the garlic powder, salt, paprika, and nutritional yeast. Alternatively, you can combine the spices in a separate bowl before sprinkling it on the cauliflower. This is a great way to make sure the spices are evenly dispersed.
Toss the chopped cauliflower until completely coated.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread the cauliflower on the sheet in an even layer, making sure to scrape the bowl for any leftover spices or oil.
Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until crispy and tender.
Enjoy the cheesy roasted cauliflower with your favorite dip. I love pairing it with the avocado lime dressing from this jackfruit tacos recipe, but it tastes great with vegan Ranch dressing or sour cream. If you’re serving this dish as a party appetizer, simply stick a toothpick into each piece.
This recipe works well as an appetizer or side dish, but you can also serve it as an entree. Toss it with pasta, salad, or a whole grain like quinoa. Another idea is to use it as a burrito or wrap filling with your favorite veggies.
Do you have a go-to cauliflower recipe? What’s your favorite way to eat this popular vegetable? Share your thoughts in the comments, below!
Cheesy Vegan Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with oil. Add all the spices and toss to coat.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through, or until crispy and tender.
- Enjoy the cheesy roasted cauliflower with a tasty dip, like the avocado lime dressing from our jackfruit tacos recipe.
- If you’re serving this dish as a party appetizer, simply stick a toothpick into each piece.
- This recipe can be served as an entrée. Toss it with pasta, salad, or a whole grain like quinoa, then add a protein like chickpeas or tempeh.
- Store leftover roasted cauliflower in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.