Up until recently, protein was often associated with animal products. But as vegan and vegetarian eating becomes increasingly popular, plant-based protein sources have (finally) gotten the chance to shine. These plant proteins are especially useful for creating healthy, wholesome recipes for breakfast—a meal that can set the tone for your entire day.
After all, most breakfast meats are overly processed and salty. Why not switch them out for these nutritious high protein vegan breakfast recipes instead? Whether you’re trying to eat more plants or gearing up for a busy day, these tasty meals will have you covered.
1. Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burrito
Vegan, Gluten-free | Total time: 40 minutes
Put those leftover veggies to good use with a vegan scrambled tofu breakfast burrito. The recipe is ideal for meal prep, too. Simply cook up the fillings on a Sunday and enjoy for the rest of the week.
2. Easy Vegan Protein Pancakes
Vegan | Total time: 20 minutes
If you’re looking for a cozy weekend breakfast, make these easy vegan protein pancakes. Customize them as much you’d like by adding tasty ingredients like coconut flakes, vegan chocolate chips, or dried fruit.
3. Bliss Balls
Vegan, Nut-free, Gluten-free | Total time: 5 minutes
Also known as protein balls or energy balls, these bliss balls call for just five wholesome ingredients. Grab ’em in the morning when you’re in a rush (or enjoy them as a snack).
4. Easy Vegan Omelette
Vegan, Gluten-free | Total time: 25 minutes
For a hearty, protein-filled breakfast, whip up this easy vegan omelette. With ingredients like chickpea flour and nutritional yeast, this recipe will surely hit the spot.
5. Spicy Vegan Breakfast Sausage
Vegan, Gluten-free | Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
All you need is one bowl and 10 minutes of prep time to make this satisfying spicy vegan breakfast sausage. Eat it in a sandwich, serve it as a side, or crumble it up and add it to a chickpea omelette.
6. Tofu Bacon
Vegan, Gluten-Free | Total time: 2 hours
If you’re more of a bacon fan, try this easy tofu bacon. With a delicious, smoky flavor, it’s easy to make (30 minutes of prep) and easy to customize. Enjoy it in sandwiches, avocado toast, and more.
7. High Protein Baked Oatmeal
Vegan | Total time: 30 minutes
Long gone are the days of boring and bland oatmeal. Try this high protein baked oatmeal, which is loaded with fruit and vegan protein. Simply reheat and enjoy throughout the week.
8. Easy Vegan Protein Cookies
Vegan | Total time: 25 minutes
Cookies for breakfast? You bet. These easy vegan protein cookies feature simple, wholesome ingredients and bake in under 15 minutes.
9. No-Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars
Vegan, Gluten-free | Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Instead of reaching for a pre-packaged, store-bought protein bar, make these no-bake carrot cake protein bars instead. They’re made with real shredded carrots, along with vegan protein powder and coconut flakes. Yum.
10. Triple Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Vegan, Gluten-free | Total time: 1 hour
If you need a break from oats, try this brilliant triple berry quinoa breakfast bake. Featuring complex carbs and plant-based protein, this hearty breakfast will keep you energized all morning long.
11. Sheet Pan Vegan Breakfast Burrito Bowl
Vegan, Gluten-free | Total time: 35 minutes
We’re big fans of one-pan recipes, and this sheet pan vegan breakfast burrito bowl is no exception. Just assemble the ingredients on a sheet pan, bake, and dig in.
High Protein Vegan Breakfast Burrito (+10 Other Recipes)
Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- 1/4 cup onion yellow or red, diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers deseeded and diced
- 14 ounces tofu extra firm or firm, pressed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 1 potato medium sized
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 4 tortillas 4-6 large sized
- Toss potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 450° Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Cook the onions and bell peppers, if using, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, crumble up the tofu with a large fork. Add to the saucepan, along with the spices and nutritional yeast. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, crumbling further with a spatula. Add leafy greens, if using, and cook until wilted.
- Place a large tortilla on a flat surface. Add a layer of beans, potatoes, tofu scramble, and other add-ins of your choice. Fold the sides toward the center, the fold up the bottom. Tightly roll into a burrito, tucking in the sides as necessary.